DONATIONS NEEDED – Don’t forget the nature center in your Holiday giving plans – – click How to Donate tab or Donation Wish List tab above
Welcome to the newest nature center in Minnesota – The Sally Manzara Interpretive Nature Center is being built in Lake Elmo’s Sunfish Lake Park
Groundbreaking Celebration Flyer: pdf of poster with social icons 8-22-2017
Photos from Groundbreaking Celebration of September 10, 2017
- Building will have about 3000 square feet interior space
- First Floor A.1 main floor
- Mezzanine Level A1A mezzanine level
- North and East elevations A2 East and North Elevations
- Exhibit space, activity space, social space, gift shop, and restrooms
- Programs for All Ages: Pre-school to Seniors, and for special groups
- Exhibits: Interpretation of Nature on a Local Scale,
- Internships in Scientific and Administrative Areas,
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Stand as a symbol of the Stewardship of our community for its natural surroundings and heritage,
- Serve as a focus of community activities related to outdoor life,
- Provide a place where people of all ages can learn about the unique natural history and ongoing ecology of Sunfish Lake Park,
- Teach general environmental awareness via specific local examples,
- Honor the agricultural heritage of Lake Elmo.
Brought to you by:
Friends of Lake Elmo’s Sunfish Lake Park
a Minnesota nonprofit corporation.
The Friends of Lake Elmo’s Sunfish Lake Park was registered as a nonprofit corporation of the State of Minnesota on October 10, 2016. The organization was founded to build and operate a nature center in Lake Elmo’s Sunfish Lake Park in the memory of the late Sally Manzara, who loved this park. The Sally Manzara Interpretive Nature Center will be more than a building with exhibits, it will be alive with programs and learning opportunities for people of all ages.
Sunfish Lake Park
Park Areas and Features (pdf)