Welcome to the Forthcoming (see turtle video)
Sally Manzara Interpretive Nature Center
(To be built and operated in Lake Elmo’s Sunfish Lake Park, pending City approvals)
- Exhibit space, activity space, social space, and gift shop,
- Program Development for All Ages: Pre-school to Seniors,
- Exhibit Development: Interpretation of Nature on a Local Scale,
- Internships in Scientific and Administrative Areas,
- Volunteer Opportunities.
- Stand as a symbol of the Stewardship of our community for its natural surroundings and heritage,
- Serve as a focus of community activities related to outdoor life,
- Provide a place where people of all ages can learn about the unique natural history and ongoing ecology of Sunfish Lake Park,
- Teach general environmental awareness via specific local examples,
- Honor the agricultural heritage of Lake Elmo.
Brought to you by:
Friends of Lake Elmo’s Sunfish Lake Park
a Minnesota nonprofit corporation.
The Friends of Lake Elmo’s Sunfish Lake Park was registered as a nonprofit corporation of the State of Minnesota on October 10, 2016. The organization was founded to build and operate a nature center in Lake Elmo’s Sunfish Lake Park in the memory of the late Sally Manzara, who loved this park. The Sally Manzara Interpretive Nature Center will be more than a building with exhibits, it will be alive with programs and learning opportunities for people of all ages.
Sunfish Lake Park
Park Areas and Features (pdf)