Teen Service Hour Opportunities – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. A permission slip is required, click here to get a copy, and e-fax it to email@example.com, or bring it along:
Saturday April 13th – 10 AM – 100 Bunnies – A group of teens assembled Easter Rabbits at the nature center and delivered them to seniors at local care centers.
Saturday May 18th – 10 AM – Plants on the Ground, Plants on the Ground – join a group to plant seeds or re-pot seedlings or set out seedlings for the Spring and Summer -Lunch is Served
Saturday July 13th – 10 AM – To Be Announced, we don’t know yet what will be done, but it will be fun, and we do know that Lunch will be Served!
or call 651-408-2838 for information
We have chosen our two paid interns for Summer 2019, to develop the Prairie and the Geology exhibits. Unpaid Internships may still be available for:
- Science Studies – such as automating a wildlife census system
- Exhibit Development
Please contact us at 651-408-2838 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
If any of these activities are in line with your interests and you would like to learn more about them, please fill in the Contact Us form and we will set up a time for further discussion of your specific interests and ideas. Or call 651-408-2838 or email email@example.com
- Receptionist – half-day a week – greet visitors, answer questions, offer coffee and cookies, etc.
- Publicity coordinator
- lead the development of interior exhibits – 4 more to be done
- help with the development of trail guide information
- lead the development of an educational activity
- lead the development of a scientific study plan
- Community Liaison
- Liaison with District 834 Primary and Secondary educators
- Liaison with Senior Citizens groups and senior housing locations
- Tour guides – for building exhibits and trail walks
- Specialty Program developers
- High School Service Hour opportunities
- Eagle Scout Projects
- Scouting activities (all age levels)
- plant plots of the economically important crops of Lake Elmo
- 4H activity possibilities
We appreciate your ideas! Being a small non-profit, we rely on our volunteers to do most of our work. If you have an idea and you or someone you know is interested in leading the project, please contact us. Our programming is planned months in advance and our fundraising plans start, at a minimum, the year before the event. If you would like to gather and organize the information for a project, but not lead it, we can keep the idea in the event we find someone interested in carrying it out. Thank you!